WHAT WE DO
At AH Universe, we and our volunteers work in partnership with like-minded organizations to execute the following initiatives:
- Advocate, promote and support COMPULSORY AFRICENTRIC EDUCATION to the completion of secondary school, for all Afrikan children
- Advocate, promote and support WIDESPREAD AFRICENTRIC ADULT EDUCATION throughout Afrika & beyond.
- Advocate, promote and support HEALTH & WELLNESS INITIATIVES in Afrika & beyond. This involves healthy living in mind, body and spirit. See Demba's Regimen for a Healthful Existence Demba's Regimen for an example of a sound program. We also recommend the Canada Food Guide Canada Food Guide as an excellent source of information. Jamaica/s 2015 guide is also worth adopting. See Jamaica's food-based dietary guidelines. Here's the link: www.fao.org/nutrition/education/food-dietry-guidelines/regions/countries/jamaica/en/ African and Caribbean countries with concern for the health & wellbeing of their citizens, would be well advised to adopt, adapt and promote these programs without delay. All leaders of all Afro- organizations in all other countries should do the same. Refusal is not an option!
- Contribute to the identification and adoption of AUTHENTIC AFRIKAN NAMES
- Advocate for the celebration of Afrikan Heritage Day to be observed globally on the 17th of August every year: the birthday of Marcus Panafrikanus Garvey.
- Support and promote AFRIKAN HOLOCAUST REMEMBRANCE DAY: a memorial observance honoring our ancestors who perished in the Atlantic and Indian oceans, the Red Sea and in the Sahara desert as part of the European and Arab slave trades. NM5. See AHR OPEN LETTER: AHROL Also NM5: NM5 NM5-EXPANDED: NM5E See also: www.africanholocaust.net
- Work with like-minded organizations to implement TRUTH, APOLOGY, REPARATIONS AND THEN FORGIVENESS & RECONCILIATION, with regard to the European & Arab slave trades and their aftermath
- Promote the AFRIKAN HERITAGE UNIVERSE PROSPERITY AWARDS. presented annually to individuals or institutions for exemplary contributions to the prosperity of Afrika and all people of Afrikan descent.
- Design and implement SOCIAL BUSINESSES for the primary benefit of Afrika and all people of Afrikan descent.
- EXPRESS OPINIONS AND PROVIDE COMMENTARY on matters of relevance to the prosperity of people of Afrikan descent.
- Beginning in the year 2021, we select and publicize the AHU PERSON OF THE YEAR, this being the individual, group, idea or other entity that has done the most to further the ideals, interests and dimensions of our universe. The 2021 AHU PERSON OF THE YEAR was Mia Amor Mottley, Prime Minister of Barbados. She, and the government she leads, made an impact during the year which transcended the ordinary, in terms of foresight, dimension and import; culminating in Barbados becoming a Republic on the 30th of November, 2021. Kylian Mbappe, winner of the Golden Boot at the Football World Cup, humanitarian and consummate professional, was our 2022 AHU PERSON OF THE YEAR. Our unanimous choice for 2023 is Geofrey Nzamujo of the Songhai Agricultural Program for Rural Prosperity. (If you do nothing else, google his program on the internet, study it closely and promote it to all organizations - large & small, governmental & non-governmental, social, cultural, educational, athletic & religious; in Afrika & our global diaspora - that are genuinly interested in our collective prosperity. Dr. Nzamujo's work is the inspiration for the AFRIKAN HERITAGE UNIVERSE PERSON OF THE CENTURY initiative, the details of which will be disclosed during our annual AHR event on the 17th of August, 2024.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Our universe depends on each and every one of us for its vitality and relevance. Our potential is limitless. All we need to do is recognize ourselves, embrace ourselves and do for ourselves. As panafricans, we must always think globally and act appropriately (locally, regionally or globally).
1. MAKE AN INVESTMENT of $100.00, $500.00 or $1,000.00. but no higher** to support our work. Send it by e-transfer payable to AFRICAN HERITAGE UNIVERSE. ([email protected]) We also accept certified checks and money orders sent to our postal address: PO Box 25008, Halifax NS Canada, B3M 4H4.
2. BECOME AN AHU VOLUNTEER We need help in * Publicity / Networking * Proofreading * Fundraising * Special Projects.
3. CONTRIBUTE YOUR IDEAS. We welcome your feedback as well as your ideas. If two heads are better than one, how much better a thousand? ([email protected])
(** AHU prefers ten $1,000.00 investments from different individuals to a single $10,000.00 investment from one person. Yes, we need funds to survive and succeed; but not as much as we need a network of committed panAfricans!)
We must each pledge to invest our talents, our energy and our resources for our betterment and that of Afrika, our ancestral homeland.
Let us all commit to work together for our global prosperity and that of Afrika, our ancestral homeland!